In this category you will find a wide range of tested and photographed barbecue recipes. Some of the recipes might be strange or unusual but hopefully they will give you some ideas and inspiration.
What is barbecuing
Barbecuing is cooking food in or above a fire. Traditionally this is done with hickory or mesquite wood, which provides the cooked food with a nice smoked flavour. Propane is commonly used for convenience.
I guess the first question is gas or charcoal? I can only say that I am a convert of gas. It's so convenient, to me it tastes the same, it's easier to start and there is less of that eye watering smoke. Oh, and Hank Hill says it's better!
Whatever you have decided on, always clean the grill or griddle plate before heating. Once it's ready and hot, give it a final scrub with a wire brush to finally clean it and with gloved hands, wipe the grill over with oiled kitchen paper. It helps to prevent food from sticking. When you do add food, give it a little shimmy, again, it helps to prevent sticking.
- Always wash your hands thoroughly before preparing food, after touching raw meat and before eating.
- Raw meat can contain harmful bacteria and should be separated from cooked and ready to eat food. Do not put raw meats near salad or burger buns.
- Use separate utensils for raw and cooked meat. Never put cooked food on a plate or surface that has been used for raw meat.
- Don't add sauce or marinade to cooked food if it has already been used with raw meat.
- Barbecued food may look thoroughly cooked when it isn't. To be sure that it is safe to eat, check that it's piping hot all the way through, that none of the meat is pink and any juices run clear.
Pages in category "Barbecue recipes"
The following 100 pages are in this category, out of 100 total.
- Barbecue beef marinade
- Barbecue flatbread
- Barbecue sauce
- Barbecued beef - Chinese style
- Barbecued cheese
- Barbecued Harissa lamb
- Barbecued king prawn skewers
- Barbecued radicchio wedges with gorgonzola
- Barbeque sauce (TM)
- Beef, Balsamic Onion and Grilled Artichoke Salad
- Bomidorov liart (Liver with tomato)
- Boston baked beans
- Classic bruschetta
- Home-made beef burgers
- Cheese and chilli cornbread
- Barbecued balsamic chicken fillets
- Barbecued lime and chili chicken wings
- Chicken tikka
- Ginger-chicken burgers
- The best roast chicken, ever!
- Chicken satay ponorogo
- Chicken tikka (cheat)
- Chilli gravy
- Chipotle Chilli Paste mix
- Corn relish
- Creamy creamed corn
- Cuban guava barbecue sauce
- Sausage and Onion Gluten Free Baguette
- Sausage and potato skillet
- Sausage and potato skillet (GF)
- Seven spice salmon steaks
- Seven spice swordfish steaks
- Seven spice tuna steaks
- Shoyu beef
- Soy chilli steaks
- Chinese pork spare ribs
- Chinese pork spare ribs (Slow cooker recipe)
- Spicy pork spare ribs
- Spicy barbecued Chinkiang chicken
- Spicy barbecued courgettes
- Spicy battered fish balls on skewers
- Spicy chicken with fried rice
- Spicy skewerless kebabs
- Sweet and sour onions
- Barbecued sweetcorn
- Sweetcorn relish
- Sweetcorn relish (V)