Fabulous commercial alternative
If your feeling lazy and want a really good, high quality commercial Tex Mex Glaze Dry Rub, I promise that you won't get better than Taste Sensations own brand. It's mainly sold to caterers, but they produce pack sizes as small as 250g for less than £4 and you can buy it directly from Amazon. That amount just about fits in to a 500ml Kilner-type jar and get used surprisingly quickly. I don't make my own anymore!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds, crushed
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground white cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves or ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Mix everything together.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#chicken #oregano #texmexmarinade #beef #marinade #tastesensations #barbecue #chilipowder #groundcoriander #dried #oliveoil