Creamy creamed corn
- 4 fresh sweetcorn cobs or 400g of canned sweetcorn kernels, drained
- 50 g (2 oz) butter
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 115 g (4 oz) pickles jalapeno chilli slices, drained
- 130 g (4.5 oz) full fat soft cheese such as Mascarpone cheese
- 25 g (1 oz) Parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra shavings to garnish
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Remove the husks form the kernels and pull off the silks.
- Put the cobs in a bowl of cold water and brush away any remaining silks.
- Stand each cob, thick end down on a cutting board and with a sharp knife, cutting close to the cob, strip the kernels off.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and fry the onion for 5 to 6 minutes on a low heat until translucent.
- Add the kernels and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, no more or they will harden.
- Chop the chilies and add to the sweetcorn mix.
- Add the soft cheese and the grated Parmesan and cook, stirring, until the cheese has melted.
- Season to taste and serve with shavings or Parmesan cheese.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#butter #onion #parmesancheese #creamycreamedcorn #cheese #grated #sweetcorn #boiledorsimmered #mascarponecheese #sidedish #corn