Lamb chops, mechoui with hot paprika and cumin salt
- 40 g ghee or butter, melted.
- 12 small lamb chops or 4 large chump chops.
- ½ teaspoon chili powder.
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika powder.
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sea salt, crushed in a mortar and pestle.
- 2 tablespoons white cumin seeds, powdered in a coffee grinder.
- 1 teaspoon black cumin seeds, powdered in a coffee grinder.
- Add the salt and spices to a bowl and mix well.
- Brush the chops with the melted ghee and sprinkle about ¾ of the spice mix over the both sides of the chops.
- Place the chops on your chosen heat source and cook for about 7 minutes a side.
- Remove and rest for 5 minutes.
Most variants of this recipe call for more salt. I reduced the amount to 2 teaspoons and still found it too salty. This was very tasty but I think next time I would put less of the spice mix on the meat.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#spice #spices #lamb #coffeegrinder #lambchopsmechouiwithhotpaprikaandcuminsalt #ghee #butter #paprikapowder #chilipowder #mortarandpestle #barbecued