Rather than the commercial chemical-flavoured barbecue sauce, why not have a try at making your own? You can easily customise the recipe to add your favourite flavours. Will refrigerate well in a sealed container.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- Olive oil for frying
- 3 cloves of Garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Fresh red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed or powdered in a coffee grinder
- 55g (2 oz) brown sugar or molasses
- 50 ml dark soy sauce
- 300 ml tomato ketchup
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add a little olive oil to a frying pan and season well with black pepper
- Gently fry the onions and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes
- Add the sugar, chilli and fennel and stir fry for a few more minutes
- Add the soy and ketchup, add salt to taste and bring to the boil, then simmer for a few minutes to combine the flavours
- Allow to cool before serving
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.