Jerk grilled salmon
- 2 tablespoons of peeled, grated ginger
- 2 Scotch bonnet or habanero peppers, de-seeded if you desire
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground grains of paradise, or more extra black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- Purée all of the marinade ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Leave the motor running and slowly drizzle in the oil.
- Add the mixture and the salmon to a sealed contained, mix well and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Add the steaks ,skin side down to a preheated barbecue or oven grill, lightly the grate helps to reduce sticking.
- Cook for about 4 minutes a side, check that it's done to your liking, remove from the heat source, cover and rest for 7 minutes.
There is no need to peel ginger. As a result of attending a Thai cookery demo, we have learnt that peeling ginger is unnecessary unless for aesthetic purposes as the skin is high in fibre and full of flavour. However, do remove any bits that have become tough or woody.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.