This spicy treat is equally as good as a kitchen cooked meal or as a barbecue. If you already have the harissa paste then it really is simple. Give it a try.
- 4 lamb loin fillets, sliced into ½" (1 cm) thick medallions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint leaves
- Handful of coriander leaves and stalks, roughly chopped
- 3 teaspoons harissa paste
- Meat aside, mix all of the ingredients together to produce a marinade.
- Coat the meat well and marinate for 1 hour
- Because cooking hot chillies, or chili paste can cause breathing difficulties, ensure the kitchen is well ventilated, ideally with an extractor fan
- On a hot oiled griddle pan, cook for barbecue the lamb for a total of 8 minutes, 4 minutes per side.
- Remove, cover and rest for 5 minutes before serving
Serve with couscous and yogurt with chopped chives.
This dish makes a good barbecue, either as medallions on a griddle plate, or fillets, sliced lengthwise on the grill, though you would probably need to increase the cooking time for whole steaks
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#harissalamb #harissapaste #oliveoil #lemon #colourfulcouscous #coriander #couscous #cumin #mint #unusualrecipes