Achiote paste (V)
The spice mixture usually includes annatto, Mexican oregano, cumin, clove, cinnamon, black pepper, allspice, garlic, and salt. The annatto seeds dye the mixture red, and this gives the vegetables it seasons a distinctive red hue.
- ¼ cup annatto seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 Cloves of garlic, peeled
- ½ cup bitter orange juice or 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- Using a pestle and mortar or a coffee grinder, grind the dry spices
- Peel and crush the garlic, mix with the salt, ground spice mix and orange juice and mix to a smooth paste.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.