Achiote paste (V)
The spice mixture usually includes annatto, Mexican oregano, cumin, clove, cinnamon, black pepper, allspice, garlic, and salt. The annatto seeds dye the mixture red, and this gives the vegetables it seasons a distinctive red hue.
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- ¼ cup annatto seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 Cloves of garlic, peeled
- ½ cup bitter orange juice or 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- Using a pestle and mortar or a coffee grinder, grind the dry spices
- Peel and crush the garlic, mix with the salt, ground spice mix and orange juice and mix to a smooth paste.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.