- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoons of shoyu sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed Szechuan peppercorns
- 200g fillet steaks in 2 steaks
- Add the mirin, shoyu, ginger and crushed Szechuan peppercorns together in a Lock and Lock style box.
- Pop the steaks in the Lock and Lock box, shut the lid, shake well and refrigerate for an hour to marinade, turning after 30 minutes.
- Place the steaks on a lightly oiled barbecue grill, griddle pan or frying pan and cook for 4 minutes, turning every minute
- Rest for 5 minutes and serve
Serve with a green salad.
This would be a great recipe with which to use your Jaccard meat tenderiser!
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.