Beef, Balsamic Onion and Grilled Artichoke Salad
Cook the steaks and make the marinade the day before.
- 1350g rump steak [about 3 steaks]
- 3 tablespoons olive oil to fry them in
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 340g [2 jars] Belazu Balsamic Onions (drained with vinegar reserved)
- 600g chargrilled artichokes in olive oil (drained and oil reserved)
- Belazu no longer appear to make Balsamic onions, so try pickled onions and balsamic vinegar. You can also make your own pickled onions. I've had extremely good results with a mixture of balsamic vinegar and sherry vinegar.to those.
- 160g pack of watercress
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Rub the steaks with olive oil. Fry the steaks in batches for 7-8 minutes, turning after 3-4 minutes, for medium rare.
- Leave the steaks to cool completely, then trim away any fat and cut into finger-sized pieces.
- For the dressing, in a small bowl, lightly whisk the mustard with 4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar from the onions, add 6 tablespoons of oil from the artichokes. Stir in any juices from the beef and season to taste.
- Arrange the watercress, onions and artichokes on a salad plate, tuck in the strips of beef and spoon over the dressing. Serve.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Belazu.com
Belazu products used in this recipe
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.