Goats cheese brulé
An interesting recipe for goat's cheese from British onions.
- ½ red onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 fennel bulb, halved then thinly sliced
- 2 oranges segmented
- 1 chicory, torn into separate leaves
- 20 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch watercress
For the dressing
- 1/2 of an orange, juiced
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of good olive oil
- Prepare all of the salad vegetables and place into a salad bowl.
- Make the dressing by whisking the orange juice, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper and olive oil.
- To brulé the goats you can either do with a cooks blowtorch or do it under a hot grill.
- Just sprinkle half a teaspoon of sugar onto the open side of the cheese and grill the top until the sugar has melted and gone golden and slightly charred.
- If your doing it under the grill, then make sure you place you cheese on an oiled surface, the grill is really hot and you do it on the highest shelf. That way the cheese is less likely to melt all over the place.
- Dress the salad with the dressing and serve between 4 plates. Top with a slice of goats cheese and serve.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of British Onions
#cheese #goats #grill #goatscheesebrula #oliveoil #redwinevinegar #salad #chicory #orangejuice #watercress #castersugar