Spicy battered fish balls on skewers
When I made this with masa harina it did not stick well to the fish, however it was really tasty so it will be made again, with the proper ingredients next time.
- 2 packs basa fillets (about 650 g)
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly Crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated root ginger
- 2 eggs - beaten
- 4 tablespoons single cream
- 2 tablespoon gram flour
- 1 teaspoon lovage seeds
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Cut the basa fillets into skewerable chunks - you may need to fold the basa as you skewer it if it's very thin.
- Add the basa, garlic, ginger and lemon juice to a lock and lock box, close, shake well and refrigerate for 30 minutes or so to marinade.
- Whisk the egg in another bowl and add the remaining ingredients. The consistency should be like double cream. Adjust by adding more flour or cream.
- Pour the egg mixture into the Lock and Lock box, close and shake like mad.
- Refrigerate for a further 15 minutes.
- Skewer the basa and barbecue for 10 to 15 minutes or alternatively, shallow fry in ghee or butter and skewer before serving.
When I came to make this i discovered that I had run out of gram flour. I made it with masa harina and a little plain flour to get to the consistency of double cream. Plain flour or self raising flour would be just as good if you did not have gram flour
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#basa #gramflour #spicybatteredfishballsonskewers #lemonjuice #masaharina #plainflour #doublecream #prawns #refrigerate #garlic #griddled