Barbecued beef - Chinese style
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 450 g lean braising steak
- 4 tablespoons dark soy sauce (light soy will do, though it's not as sweet)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon 5 spice powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Create a marinade by mixing all ingredients together
- Marinate the beef for 3 hours, basting often
- Cook over a hot barbecue grill for 5 minutes a side
- Remove from heat, cover and rest for 5 minutes
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.