Warm halloumi and fennel salad
- 2 small fennel bulbs
- 100g pot sour cream
- 1 clove Garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 170 g watercress or wild rocket leaves
- Zest and juice from ½ a lemon
- 2 x 250 g packs halloumi cheese, sliced to about 1 cm
- 75 g pomegranate seeds
- Slice the fennel thinly and leave for 10 minutes in a bowl of iced water to keep crisp
- Whisk the sour cream and garlic with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Season with black pepper
- Drain the fennel and toss with the watercress and lemon juice, place is a large salad bowl
- Heat a barbecue or griddle pan, brush the halloumi slices with oilve oil and grill for 3 to 4 minutes to get it nicely marked. It won't melt.
- Top the salad with the warm halloumi, scatter with pomegranate seeds and drizzle with the creamy dressing.
- Beetroot falafel with toasted halloumi cheese
- Courgette and Halloumi Falafels
- Grilled sausage and halloumi salad with avocados
- Halloumi, fennel and apple salad
- Halloumi, fennel and kiwi fruit salad
- Halloumi, fennel and pink grapefruit salad
- Hugh's fried halloumi
- Melon salad with grilled halloumi cheese croutons
- Pork and strawberry salad with grilled halloumi cheese
- Skewiff beetroot and halloumi
- Squash, halloumi and chilli omelette
- Warm halloumi and fennel salad
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.