Memphis BBQ pulled duck tacos
The duck was very good and I'll be getting more today. Do note though that the duck is notreally pulled duck, it's duck legs with a sauce that need to be pulled once they've been cooked.
The Old El Paso tacos however, really let this recipe down. They are so thin now that they break apart as you touch them. Any because they are so miserably thin, they don't even have the crunch purported on the packet. Another cynical attempt at increasing profits I guess.
- 1 pack Gressingham Memphis BBQ Pulled Duck (2 duck legs in with barbecue sauce)
- 1 Pack Discovery taco trays or if you must ,1 Pack El Paso Taco shells (see notes above)
- 6 spring onions
- 12 baby tomatoes
- Half a green sweet pepper
- 10 black cherries
- 150 ml pot of sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
Gressingham Memphis Barbecue Pulled Duck (whole duck legs with sauce)
- Remove the duck legs from the plastic wrapping and place in the tray provided, make sure you include all the lovely fat too!
- Leave the sauce sachet to one side for now
- Roast the duck legs at 180° C for 25 minutes, uncovered, in the tray provided
- After 25 minutes, drain and discard some of the cooking juices (see Chef's notes below).
- Add the contents of the Memphis barbecue sauce to the duck's legs and mix well
- Bake for a further 10 minutes
- When there is 5 minutes remaining pop the taco trays or fragile El Paso taco shells into the oven to warm up
- Meanwhile: chop the spring onions (scallions)
- Halve the tomatoes
- Halve the cherries and remove the stones
- Chop the green pepper
- Using two forks, shred the duck legs with two forks
Use whatever filling ingredients that take your fancy, some other suggestions, sliced red onions, avocado, pickled chillies, crispy lettuce, pineapple chunks.
The Gressingham BBQ Pulled Duck (legs) are already pre-cooked. If you are using fresh duck legs, they will will probably take about the same time, but the oven could do with being 1 little warmed (190° C - 200° C) and they will benefit from resting for 15 minutes once removed from the oven.
The cooking instructions on the Gressingham Pulled Duck suggests discarding all of the cooking juices after 25 minutes of roasting. I would definitely suggest otherwise. Next time I will mix them in with the barbecue sauce, and not waste them.
- Tortillas: - Encyclopaedic page describing all variants of tortillas
- South American tortilla recipes - :
- Corn tortilla recipe - make them from scratch with masa harina
- Corn tortillas - a Thermomix recipe
- Wheat flour tortilla recipe
- Gorditas - Thick Mexican tortillas
- Quick tortillas - a recipe idea for using left over tortillas
- Burrito (or taco de harina) explained
- Minced beef burritos - A burrito recipe
- Enchiladas - a recipe and an explanation
- Chicken enchiladas
- Cheatin' chicken enchiladas a quick version of the above
- Quick beef enchiladas
- Honduran Enchiladas, This is a typical dish from Honduras
- enfrijoladas, a similar dish to enchiladas
- Homemade tortilla chips - Make superb tortilla chips from soft corn tortillas - better than anything you could buy!
- Cheese nachos - A cheese nacho recipe
- Frito pie - If you like Tex-Mex, you'll love this
- Easy frito pie - Make Frito pie-on the hoof!
- Minced beef for tacos - A Mexican spicy beef taco filling recipe
- Memphis BBQ pulled duck tacos - A duck variation on the same theme
- Sincronizada recipe - A Mexican speciality that can alos be found all over South America
- Quesadillas - A selection of quesadilla recipes
- Dobladas - Stuffed tortillas from Guatemala
- Enfrijoladas recipe - tortillas stuffed with re-fried beans and spices
- Chilaquiles - a fabulous recipe from two Mexican visitors
- Tostadas de guacamole y crema - A famous Diana Kennedy recipe
- Cheese pupusas - a stuffed tortilla from El Salvador
- Pupusa de Chicharron - similar to pupusas, again from El Salvador
- Spicy lamb tortillas - A recipe idea taken from crispy duck pancakes
- Duck fajitas - and a similar version, with crispy duck
- Gressingham Memphis Barbecue Pulled Duck - Commercially available pre-prepared pulled duck
- Spanish tortilla recipes:
- Capricorn, pea and mint tortilla - A Spanish-style tortilla with goats' cheese
- Potato and goats' cheese tortilla - Another Spanish-type with goats' cheese
- Tortilla Española - A Spanish tortilla
- Tortilla capuchina - another Spanish tortilla
- Tortilla 'batatas harras' - A spicy Spanish tortilla
- Beef Skirt Steak Fajitas - Fajitas, using Taste Sensation spice mix
- Squash, halloumi and chilli omelette - Spicy, with squash & Greek cheese
- Omelettes - Many omelette recipes
- Misc. tortilla recipes:
- Taco shells
- Tex-Mex seasoning - Home-made Old India Taco Seasoning recipe
- Old India Taco Seasoning - The commercial variety is very good too
- Tortilla chips - Snacks/crisps.
- Taste Sensation Cajun Seasoning
- Taste Sensation fajita seasoning
- Taste Sensation harissa seasoning
- Taste Sensation Italian seasoning
- Taste Sensation Jalapeno and Lime Seasoning
- Taste Sensation Mexican seasoning
- Taste Sensation piri piri seasoning
- Tortilla press - The device and also a great tip for making them without a press!
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#duck #memphisbbqpulledducktacos #barbecuesauce #tacotrays #tacos #tacoshells #springonions #sourcream #sauce #fat #cherries