Seven spice swordfish steaks
This is a really tasty great summer barbecue recipe idea that can just as easily be cooked on the oven grill or griddle.
Don't forget to rest the fish for 7 minutes, it makes a massive difference.
- 4 x 200g (7 oz) swordfish steaks
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1 level teaspoons peppercorns (white preferred, black will do)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1.5 teaspoons olive oil
- Mix the spices and oil together to form a smooth paste
- Spread over both sides of the fish
- Leave to marinade for 1 hour in a cool place
- Cook for 4 minutes a side on a hot barbecue
- Remove, cover and rest for 7 minutes
- Add a whole 'clove' of star-anise (8 petals) to the grinder and a really good splash of lemon or lime juice. If you cannot find swordfish, marlin makes a good substitute.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.