Tuna steaks with avocado salsa
- 4 fresh tuna steaks
- 2 cloves of Garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 4 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 4 shakes of Louisiana hot pepper sauce or Tabasco sauce
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- Handful of fresh basil leaves, ripped into pieces
- Whisk the marinade ingredients together, add the tuna steaks, coat well and refrigerate for 1 hour
- Preheat the grill, pan or barbecue
- In a bowl, mix the lime zest and juice, olive oil, pepper sauce and whisk well
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss well.
- If using a pan or a barbecue, lightly oil the cooking surface with a high temperature oil such as peanut or vegetable oil
- Cook on a fairly high heat for 3 minutes a side. Baste with a little of the marinade while cooking.
- Rest the steaks for 4 minutes before serving.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.