Sweet and sour onions
- 500g small onions, peeled but the root end left on
- 40g butter
- 2 rounded teaspoons Belazu Smoked Chilli Jelly
- 4 tablespoons Belazu White balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the onions in a pan of cold water, lightly salt, bring to the boil and simmer for 15-20 mins until fairly tender. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of the water.
- Melt the butter over a low-ish heat in a frying pan large enough to hold the onions in a single layer.
- Add the onions, toss to coat in the butter, add the jelly and the balsamic vinegar, then cover with foil and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the foil, increase the heat, and cook for a minute or two, shaking the pan, until the liquid has virtually evaporated and the onions are glazed and sticky.
- Season and serve
(Sainsbury's magazine) This recipe originated from the recipe section of Belazu.com
Belazu products used in this recipe
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.