Barbecued onion rings
A nice side dish that can be cooked alongside the meat on a barbecue.
- 500g 1 kg (1 lb) Red onions
- Sprig fresh thyme
- Sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons garlic olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat the barbecue. A hotplate is ideal if you have one
- Roughly chop the herbs
- Slice the onions 1 cm (½") rings, don't separate the rings, that will happen anyway
- Toss the all ingredients in a bowl, coating the onions well
- Place the onions on the barbecue and cook for 20 minutes, turning often
- Remove any woody herbs and serve
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.