Chinese pork spare ribs (Slow cooker recipe)
This recipe needs advance preparation!
- 750g (1.5 lb) belly pork strips or spare rib chops, cut into pairs
- 4 tablespoons shop bought hoisin sauce or homemade, it's quick and easy to make
- 1.5 tablespoons of rhubarb and ginger jam. Any interesting jam would do, this happened to be in the cupboard and sounded nice
- A few tablespoons of orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Separate all of the ribs into pairs so they get well coated Mix all of the ingredients apart from the sesame seeds in a Lock and Lock box, shake well and refrigerate for 8 hours or more, shaking now and then
- Add the marinated ribs to your slow cooker
- Slow cook on low for 5 hours
- Toast the sesame seeds in a small pan over a low flame
- Place on a warm dish and serve with plenty of sauce
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds
This went gloriously with special fried rice.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#sesameseeds #porkspareribs #slowcooker #specialfriedrice #bellypork #hoisinsauce #slowcooked #lockandlock #miseenplace #marinated