Prawns with sage and chorizo
When I prepared this recipe, the chorizo slices were too small to wrap around the prawns so as a result the photographs don't look all that appealing. Appearances can be deceptive. This dish was sublime. You would think that one whole sage leaf for each prawns would be too much. It was not, the spicy chorizo and the sweet prawns went perfectly with the herby sage. This is a winner!
You could also use large, thawed, frozen King prawns for this recipe.
- 20 langoustines, (Dublin Bay prawns or scampi), peeled
- Juice from 1 lemon and 1 lime
- 20 slices of smoked chorizo
- 20 fresh sage leaves
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Soak 20 cocktail sticks in water.
- Add the prawns to a bowl, drizzle with the lemon & lime juice and season with salt and papper.
- Leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the grill or barbecue.
- Drain the prawns, reserving the juice.
- Cover each prawn with a sage leaf and wrap with a piece of chorizo and secure with a cocktail stick.
- Brush with olive oil and grill gently for 10 minutes, drizzling with the marinade if they look to be drying out.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.