Barbecued pork chops with fresh herbs
We use the instant-light bags of charcoal and find them perfect. They are a little more expensive than pure charcoal but so much less hassle.
- Two large pork chops (steaks) from Russell's butchers of Upwell (if you are lucky enough to live nearby!)
- 1 can of Fanta
- 2 tablespoon Taste Sensation Taste Sensation fajita seasoning
- 1 large onion
- A huge handful of fennel leaves
- A huge sprig of sage leaves
- Rub the pork steaks with the fajita seasoning
- Place in a Large lock and lock box and pour the tin of Fanta over the meat
- Leave to marinade for 24 hours, turning now and then if you get the chance
- Light all four corners of the instant light barbecue coals
- Leave for 25 minutes or until the flames die down and the coals turn white
- Raise a grill on tin cans or containers so the heat is not so intense
- Chop the onions into rings and place on the Le Creuset grill pan
- Lay the fennel and sage leaves to make a bed for the chops
- Drain the chops and place on the herbs so the rind hangs over the edge of the pan (if you like your crackling 🙂)
- Barbecue for about an hour and a half turning now and then
- BE CAREFULL - If you've not raised the grill tray as I did, you WILL burn the chops!!
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#barbecue #russells #porksteaks #sageleaves #porkchops #butchers #tastesensation #marinade #grillpan #crackling #britishrecipes