Chicken tikka kebabs
This recipe needs advance preparation!
Delicious home-made spicy hot chicken kebabs. These take a while to prepare but are most definitely worth the effort. Whatever else you put on the kebab sticks is up to your personal taste.
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 250g Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Mae Play Massaman curry paste
- 1 teaspoon soft brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients together in a Lock & Lock box and stir really well to ensure they are properly mixed
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and add to the marinade
- Cover and shake hard so the chicken is evenly coated
- Leave to marinade for about 5 hours, shaking now and then if you can
- While you assemble the kebabs, preheat you grill to maximum
- Deseed the peppers and cut into squares so they 'fit' the kebabs
- Slide the chicken, mushrooms and pepper slices onto your kebab sticks - metal skewers work well for us
- Arrange over a foil-lined oven tray and coat with any spare marinade
- Grill for 15 minutes, turning once
- Rest for 5 minutes before serving
These would be perfect for a barbecue too, though not for us as it's snowing at the moment!
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#marinade #chicken #kebabs #massamancurry #sweetpeppers #chickentikkakebabs #grill #mushrooms #rice #limejuice #olives