Grilled sausage and halloumi salad with avocados
Halloumi cheese is brilliant fun - if you've never tried it before, have a go with this recipe. It is a cheese that you can grill without it melting - it also squeaks when you eat it. In this recipe it is paired with debbie&andrew's harrogate 97% pork sausages, avocados and a rocket salad. As well as being great fun, this recipe is also gluten free!
- 1 pack Debbie and Andrew's Harrogate 97% Gluten Free Pork Sausages
- 225g block halloumi cheese
- 100g bag rocket
- 200g jar mixed antipasti in olive oil, drained
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stone removed, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your grill to its hottest setting.
- Place the sausages on the grill and cook evenly, turning often, for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Slice the halloumi into 0.5cm slices and add to the barbecue after around 10 minutes. The cheese will need 5 minutes or so to grill.
- In a large serving bowl toss the rocket with the drained antipasti, then add the avocado and red wine vinegar and drizzle with a little honey. Toss well and check for oil and vinegar - add more of one or other to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Now slice the cooked sausages and cheese into slivers on the angle and add to the top of the salad before serving.
This recipe is also ideal for the barbecue.
- Beetroot falafel with toasted halloumi cheese
- Courgette and Halloumi Falafels
- Grilled sausage and halloumi salad with avocados
- Halloumi, fennel and apple salad
- Halloumi, fennel and kiwi fruit salad
- Halloumi, fennel and pink grapefruit salad
- Hugh's fried halloumi
- Melon salad with grilled halloumi cheese croutons
- Pork and strawberry salad with grilled halloumi cheese
- Skewiff beetroot and halloumi
- Squash, halloumi and chilli omelette
- Warm halloumi and fennel salad
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of debbieandandrew.co.uk
Many thanks to debbie&andrew's sausages for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use the their recipes.
#grill #cheese #rocket #halloumicheese #avocado #barbecue #antipasti #sausages #salad #redwinevinegar #honey