This recipe can also be cooked on a barbecue.
- 900g (2 lb) Flank steak
- Juice and zest from 1 lemon (or lime)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 fat cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Splash of good chilli sauce (to taste)
- Place all of the ingredients in a shallow Lock & Lock style box.
- Shake vigorously for a minute.
- Refrigerate for 12 hours, shaking and turning now and then.
- Prepare a very hot grill, barbecue or griddle pan
- Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side (or to your liking)
- Allow the cooked meat joint to rest for 10 minutes in a warm place.
- Slicing the meat against (across) the grain will give you the most tender cuts of meat.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.