Barbecued onion rings (V)
A nice side dish.
- 500g 1 kg (1 lb) Red onions
- Sprig fresh thyme
- Sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons garlic olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat barbecue (hotplate is ideal if you have one)
- Roughly chop the herbs
- Slice the onions 1 cm (½") rings, don't separate the rings, that will happen anyway
- Toss the all ingredients in a bowl, coating the onions well
- Place the onions on the barbecue and cook for 20 minutes, turning often
- Remove any woody herbs and serve
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#barbecued #barbecuedonionringsv #garlicoliveoil #rosemary #grilled #griddled #freshlygroundpepper #thyme