Jerked pork chops
- 2 kg pork chops
- 50 g allspice berries
- 6 escallions, fat spring onions or small leeks, chopped
- 2-3 Scotch bonnet chillies, chopped
- 4 fresh cinnamon leaves (use bay leaves if not available)
- Salt and black pepper
- Allspice berries and bay leaves to throw on coals
- Wash and dry the pork.
- Heat the allspice berries in a small frying pan, stirring them for 5 minutes.
- Crush them in a grinder or a mortar.
- Add the escallions, or spring onions or leeks, the chillies, the cinnamon or bay leaves, salt and pepper and grind until you have a thick paste.
- Rub the paste all over the pork and leave for at least 1 hour or preferably overnight in the fridge.
- Place the meat on the barbecue grill, which if possible should be on the highest notch as the meat needs to cook slowly.
- Throw allspice berries and bay leaves over the coals.
- Turn the chops half way through the cooking time, the total of which should be 1 hour.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.