In Mexican cuisine, the sincronizada is a tortilla-based sandwich. They are frequently confused with quesadillas, due to their resemblance to "quesadillas" sold in the United States. (U.S. quesadillas are usually made with flour tortillas rather than molded from masa in the Mexican style).
The difference between Sincronizadas & quesadillas
This is only a rough guide, there are many, many regional differences.
- Sincronizadas usually include ham
- Sincronizadas are usually made with wheat flour tortillas
- Sincronizadas are usually served flat, cut into segments
- Quesadillas are usually made with corn tortillas, though can be made with flour tortillas
- As well as cheese, Quesadillas can often contain, meat, refried beans and vegetables.
- Quesadillas are often rolled before serving.
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 4 soft flour tortillas
- 1 cup grated cheese.
- 70g strong Cheddar. Original recipes suggest Oaxaca cheese or Monterey Jack cheese.
- 4 slices of thinly sliced ham or prosciutto, cut into strips
- 2 red hot chillies, de-seeded and thinly sliced (or to taste)
- * You can use chilli sauce instead if you prefer
- A few thinly cut slices of fresh tomato
- A few rings of thinly sliced onions
- A handful of coriander or parsley leaves, chopped finely
- Lay two of the tortillas side-by-side on a flat surface and sprinkle with half of the cheese
- Layer the half of ham on to the cheese
- Distribute the remaining ingredients apart from the cheese and ham
- Top with the remaining ham and cheese
- Complete the 'sandwiches' by covering with the tortillas
- On a griddle or a large frying pan, cook the sincronizadas, one at-a-time until the tortillas are lightly browned and starting to become crispy, turning once
- Cut each sincronizada into 6 quadrants
I usually put some mayonnaise on the tortillas then the ham,cheese, a bit of fried beans, and cover it with the other tortilla with mayonnaise and another slice of ham. -- User:Pepekike 04:28, 21 July 2011
- Tortillas: - Encyclopaedic page describing all variants of tortillas
- South American tortilla recipes - :
- Corn tortilla recipe - make them from scratch with masa harina
- Corn tortillas - a Thermomix recipe
- Wheat flour tortilla recipe
- Gorditas - Thick Mexican tortillas
- Quick tortillas - a recipe idea for using left over tortillas
- Burrito (or taco de harina) explained
- Minced beef burritos - A burrito recipe
- Enchiladas - a recipe and an explanation
- Chicken enchiladas
- Cheatin' chicken enchiladas a quick version of the above
- Quick beef enchiladas
- Honduran Enchiladas, This is a typical dish from Honduras
- enfrijoladas, a similar dish to enchiladas
- Homemade tortilla chips - Make superb tortilla chips from soft corn tortillas - better than anything you could buy!
- Cheese nachos - A cheese nacho recipe
- Frito pie - If you like Tex-Mex, you'll love this
- Easy frito pie - Make Frito pie-on the hoof!
- Minced beef for tacos - A Mexican spicy beef taco filling recipe
- Memphis BBQ pulled duck tacos - A duck variation on the same theme
- Sincronizada recipe - A Mexican speciality that can alos be found all over South America
- Quesadillas - A selection of quesadilla recipes
- Dobladas - Stuffed tortillas from Guatemala
- Enfrijoladas recipe - tortillas stuffed with re-fried beans and spices
- Chilaquiles - a fabulous recipe from two Mexican visitors
- Tostadas de guacamole y crema - A famous Diana Kennedy recipe
- Cheese pupusas - a stuffed tortilla from El Salvador
- Pupusa de Chicharron - similar to pupusas, again from El Salvador
- Spicy lamb tortillas - A recipe idea taken from crispy duck pancakes
- Duck fajitas - and a similar version, with crispy duck
- Gressingham Memphis Barbecue Pulled Duck - Commercially available pre-prepared pulled duck
- Spanish tortilla recipes:
- Capricorn, pea and mint tortilla - A Spanish-style tortilla with goats' cheese
- Potato and goats' cheese tortilla - Another Spanish-type with goats' cheese
- Tortilla Española - A Spanish tortilla
- Tortilla capuchina - another Spanish tortilla
- Tortilla 'batatas harras' - A spicy Spanish tortilla
- Squash, halloumi and chilli omelette - Spicy, with squash & Greek cheese
- Omelettes - Many omelette recipes
- Misc. tortilla recipes:
- Tortilla press - The device and also a great tip for making them without a press!
- Visitor comments relating to this recipe
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.