Baked squash filled with melted Camembert cheese
I would normally suggest plain tortilla chips (crisps) to dip in the cheese, but every make I've tried recently is either ridiculously over-flavoured or just plain salty. Taco shells have the same ingredients, but thankfully no added slat or flavours (yet!)
- 1 small squash (butternut squash would be fine)
- Garlic to taste, peelded and crushed or very thinly sliced - I used 3 cloves to cook the squash and 3 to fill the cheese.
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 whole Camembert cheese (I used a third of the wheel per person)
- 2 tablespoons of shaved Džiugas cheese (or Parmesan)
- 30ml of sherry
- Preheat your oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Halve the squash top to tail (through the stem), scoop out the seeds and discard.
- Crush a few cloves of garlic with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper, mix with a few teaspoons of olive oil and rub around the inside of the squash.
- Bake on an oven tray for 20 to 30 minutes or until it starts to soften.
- Remove from the oven and use a kitchen towel to swab any excess liquid that may have formed during the cooking.
- Cut the Camembert into thirds, and save the last third for another time. Crush another few cloves of garlic and make a few random openings in the cheese and push the crushed garlic into the gaps.
- Push the cheese into the squash, skin-side down.
- Sprinkle with shavings of Džiugas cheese.
- Pour a teaspoon of sherry over each cheese and bake for a further 15 minutes
- If serving with baked tomatoes, drizzle each halve with dark soy sauce and pop them into the oven with the cheese.
- Microwave the taco shells for a few minutes to warm.
- Cheese fondue recipes
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#cheese #squash #bakedsquashfilledwithmeltedcamembertcheese #bake #tacoshells #camembert #garlic #clovesofgarlic #tomatoes #baked #sherry