Philadelphia breakfast muffins
Just the thing for an after-party breakfast - communal cooking at its best - we want your pictures!
- 4 rashers back bacon, rind removed
- 4 english muffins or bread rolls, cut in half horizontally
- 100 g Philadelphia Original
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 4 large eggs
- Heat the grill and cook the bacon until golden and crisp, keep warm. Fill a medium-large pan ¾s full with water. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Toast the muffins on both sides (If using rolls and they are fresh, you may prefer not to toast them) under a preheated grill and grill the tomato slices at the same time to warm through.
- Spread one half of the muffins or rolls with Philly and top the other halves with tomato slices.
- Poach the eggs in the simmering water for 2-3 minutes or until just cooked. Place two muffin or roll halves onto each plate, serving the poached eggs on the Philly half. Lay the bacon over the top and serve.
Other recipes using Philadelphia Original cream cheese:
- Philadelphia dauphinoise potatoes
- Philadelphia meatball pasta
- Philadelphia breakfast muffins
- Easy Philadelphia cheesecake
- Philadelphia spiced lamb
- Philadelphia smoked salmon party crackers
- Philadelphia scallops with sweet ginger and lime
- Philadelphia vanilla ice cream
- Philadelphia jacket potatoes with chicken mustard and honey
- Philadelphia asparagus and parma ham quiche
- Philadelphia cream cheese, sundried tomatoes and capers over spaghetti
- Philadelphia cream cheese, sundried tomatoes and capers over spaghetti (V)
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#bacon #grill #philadelphiabreakfastmuffins #breakfast #tomato #breakfastmuffins #muffins #eggs #breadrolls #simmer #boil