Philadelphia asparagus and parma ham quiche
Do have a try at making this you won't believe how easy it is to make your own quiche. It will quickly become a hobby - I know from experience!
- 375 g pack ready rolled short crust pastry
- 100 g asparagus tips, halved
- 4 slices parma ham, trimmed of fat
- 100 g Philadelphia Original
- 3 large eggs
- 45 ml semi-skimmed milk
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Line a 20cm (8) loose based flan tin with the pastry and place onto a baking tray. Blanch the asparagus in boiling water for 1 minute, drain and cool.
- Place the asparagus and torn parma ham into the pastry case. Mix the Philadelphia well together with the eggs and milk (the Philadelphia will remain quite lumpy), season with pepper and pour over.
- Bake in a preheated oven, Gas 6, 200 °C for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and set.
Serve hot or cold, with salad leaves.
A little crushed garlic added to the mixture is a nice touch.
Other recipes using Philadelphia Original cream cheese:
- Philadelphia dauphinoise potatoes
- Philadelphia meatball pasta
- Philadelphia breakfast muffins
- Easy Philadelphia cheesecake
- Philadelphia spiced lamb
- Philadelphia smoked salmon party crackers
- Philadelphia scallops with sweet ginger and lime
- Philadelphia vanilla ice cream
- Philadelphia jacket potatoes with chicken mustard and honey
- Philadelphia asparagus and parma ham quiche
- Philadelphia cream cheese, sundried tomatoes and capers over spaghetti
- Philadelphia cream cheese, sundried tomatoes and capers over spaghetti (V)
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.