White bread rolls
From Cookipedia(Redirected from Bread rolls)
These were really, really good. Featherlight and just a faint hint of sweetness. I'm not normally one to mess about with finishes, glazes, etc. But even I have to admit that they look good and the extra effort was worth it.
- 1 teaspoon dried active yeast
- 500g (1 lb 2 oz) strong white flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 25g (1 oz) butter
- 2 tablespoons milk powder
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 300 ml water - or by weight instead of volume, 300 g water
- Add the dough ingredients to the breadmaker and set to Basic Dough program Panasonic SD253. For the Panasonic SD-ZB2502 automatic breadmaker use menu option 16, basic dough rise.
This takes about 2.5 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 220° C (425° F - gas 7)
- Divide the dough into 10 to 12 pieces and shape to rolls of your choice. Be bold here!
- Place on a greased baking sheet and leave in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Glaze with a beaten egg.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake at 220° C (425° F - gas 7) for 15 minutes or until golden.
Cool on a wire rack
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.