Philadelphia dauphinoise potatoes
- 3 medium potatoes, very thinly sliced
- 10 g butter
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150 g Philadelphia Original
- 200 ml s semi-skimmed milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 25 g gruyere (or low fat cheddar), finely grated
- 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Lightly grease a baking dish (16cm x 20cm)
- Heat the butter in a medium saucepan. Stir in the onion and garlic.
- Cook over a low heat until starting to soften. Add the Philly and gradually stir in the milk, continue heating until just melted.
- Layer half the potatoes into the greased dish and pour over half of the Philly sauce.
- Top with the other half of the potatoes and the remaining Philly sauce, seasoning each layer.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and bake for 1 - 1.5 hours until golden and the potatoes and cooked through.
- You will need to cover with foil after 30 minutes of cooking to prevent it browning too much.
Other recipes using Philadelphia Original cream cheese:
- Philadelphia dauphinoise potatoes
- Philadelphia meatball pasta
- Philadelphia breakfast muffins
- Easy Philadelphia cheesecake
- Philadelphia spiced lamb
- Philadelphia smoked salmon party crackers
- Philadelphia scallops with sweet ginger and lime
- Philadelphia vanilla ice cream
- Philadelphia jacket potatoes with chicken mustard and honey
- Philadelphia asparagus and parma ham quiche
- Philadelphia cream cheese, sundried tomatoes and capers over spaghetti
- Philadelphia cream cheese, sundried tomatoes and capers over spaghetti (V)
Not a fan
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#potatoes #philadelphiadauphinoisepotatoes #sauce #butter #onion #browning #miseenplace #grated #dauphinoispotatoes #cheese #recipesfromothersites