Philadelphia spiced lamb
A really simple way to make a quick, spicy, creamy North African-style meal.
- 1 kg lamb pieces (tenderloin fillet if possible)
- 120 g Philadelphia Original
- 100 g ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 4 cm piece of ginger peeled & chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Place the Philly, almonds, ginger and, garlic into a blender with 200ml water and blend until smooth then stir in the garam masala.
- Heat a large pan and add the oil, brown the meat on all sides then remove from the pan.
- Lower the heat, tip in the onions and cook until they are soft and brown.
- Return the meat to the pan and pour over the sauce.
- Bring to a simmer and put a lid on the pan.
- Cook for 30 mins until the lamb is cooked and tender.
- *Equivalent as Salt 0.3g
Other recipes using Philadelphia Original cream cheese:
- Philadelphia dauphinoise potatoes
- Philadelphia meatball pasta
- Philadelphia breakfast muffins
- Easy Philadelphia cheesecake
- Philadelphia spiced lamb
- Philadelphia smoked salmon party crackers
- Philadelphia scallops with sweet ginger and lime
- Philadelphia vanilla ice cream
- Philadelphia jacket potatoes with chicken mustard and honey
- Philadelphia asparagus and parma ham quiche
- Philadelphia cream cheese, sundried tomatoes and capers over spaghetti
- Philadelphia cream cheese, sundried tomatoes and capers over spaghetti (V)
There is no need to peel ginger. As a result of attending a Thai cookery demo, we have learnt that peeling ginger is unnecessary unless for aesthetic purposes as the skin is high in fibre and full of flavour. However, do remove any bits that have become tough or woody.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.