Philadelphia vanilla ice cream
Without an ice-cream maker
- Mix together the Philly, custard and condensed milk. Stir in the vanilla extract. Spoon into a freezer proof container and freeze for 3-4 hours or until semi frozen.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and whisk to break up the ice crystals then spoon back into the freezer proof container.
- Freeze until completely frozen, preferably overnight.
Using an ice-cream maker
- Mix together the Philly, custard and condensed milk. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour into your ice-cream maker and set to a 3 hour freeze-cycle.
- Store in the freezer until ready to use.
Remove from the freezer about 20 minutes before serving to soften slightly.
How to prevent home made ice cream from freezing solid in the freezer
Home made ice cream is usually reasonably soft and 'scoopable' straight out of the ice cream maker, but once it is placed in the freezer for more than a few hours it becomes a solid block of ice, effectively.
Unfortunately without using artificial additives it is not generally possible to keep it soft once you freeze it. I have tried many suggestions and they all fail miserably, apart from this one!
Place the hard-frozen ice cream in your refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours before you want to use it and re-freeze it immediately you have scooped out what you need.
Admittedly this does require some planning ahead, but it does mean you'll have usable ice-cream.
Other recipes using Philadelphia Original cream cheese:
- Philadelphia dauphinoise potatoes
- Philadelphia meatball pasta
- Philadelphia breakfast muffins
- Easy Philadelphia cheesecake
- Philadelphia spiced lamb
- Philadelphia smoked salmon party crackers
- Philadelphia scallops with sweet ginger and lime
- Philadelphia vanilla ice cream
- Philadelphia jacket potatoes with chicken mustard and honey
- Philadelphia asparagus and parma ham quiche
- Philadelphia cream cheese, sundried tomatoes and capers over spaghetti
- Philadelphia cream cheese, sundried tomatoes and capers over spaghetti (V)
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.