Lemon Sauce recipes
This page may be useful if you are looking to make a variation on lemon or lime sauces.
If you cannot find the sauce you want here, you will definitely find it in our dips and sauces recipe category
Here are a number of recipes that contain lemon sauce:
- Allioli a la Catalana - The traditional hand-made allioli (Garlic mayonnaise)
- Avocado sauce - A simple avocado puree / sauce is a great accompaniment to dry meat or coarse white fish
- Beurre blanc sauce - A rich, hot butter sauce made with a reduction of vinegar or white wine
- Cuban guava barbecue sauce - This traditional spicy Cuban barbecue sauce can be used as a marinade or as an accompaniment
- Cumberland sauce - This sauce, invented, it is said, by the 3rd Duke of Cumberland is great with rich and spicy meats
- Hollandaise sauce - An emulsion of butter and lemon juice using egg yolks as the emulsifying agent
- Kachumbari - This is a chilled, spicy sauce from Kenya
- Lemon and parsley sauce - An extremely quick and delicious accompaniment for fish dishes
- Lemon butter for fish - A simple lemony butter sauce that is perfect for delicate white fish and for dipping globe artichokes
- Mary Rose sauce - The classic prawn cocktail sauce
- Piri piri sauce - This condiment is great dripped on grilled meat and poultry
- Salsa de ají picante - A hot pepper sauce from Ecuador
- Sauce velouté - One of the classic 5 mother sauces of French cuisine
- Sauce vierge - A sauce for fish and sometimes pasta, which can be served warm or cold
- Quick tartare sauce - A tartare sauce recipe for those with not much time on their hands!
Recipes using lemon sauces
The following recipes are not actually for lemon sauce, but sauce recipes that contain sauces using lemons.
- Champiñones al Ajillo (Mushrooms in Garlic Sauce) - Mushrooms in garlic "sauce" - not exactly a sauce as we know it in the UK, but delicious all the same
- Creamy seafood in lettuce wraps - The idea for this recipe came from a seafood sauce made by The Barefoot Contessa. My variation won't turn you into a fattie!
- Deep fried chicken in lemon sauce - A delicious Chinese-style lemon sauce used to coat fried chicken or fish
- Paling in 't groen (Eel in green sauce) - An eel recipe from Belgium, in a rather unappetising sounding 'green sauce'
- Pebre chileno (Chilean hot pepper sauce) (V) - This is a spicy salsa from Chile
- Potted smoked mackerel with Capricorn goats' cheese and chives - Get your hit of omega 3 oils with this creamy fishy starter recipe
- Prawn cocktail with quails' eggs and Mary Rose sauce - Another wonderful recipe idea, kindly reproduced with Robin's permission
- Salat malfoof - A garlicky coleslaw type recipe from the Lebanon
#lemonsauce #saucewithlemons #cornflour #limejuice #lemonzest #lemonrecipe