Creamy seafood in lettuce wraps
The idea for this recipe came from a seafood sauce made by The Barefoot Contessa, however, her sauce used double cream! I wanted this to be healthy. Using lettuce leaves for the wrap makes for a lovely fresh crunchy taste and texture.
- 180 g smoked mackerel fillets
- 150 g greek yogurt
- 150 g cooked peeled prawns
- Juice and zest from half a lemon
- 1 small iceberg lettuce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Add the yogurt to a bowl
- Give it a grind of black pepper and add the lemon juice and zest and mix well
- Remove the skin from the mackerel and flake into bite-size pieces, checking for bones as you go
- Stir in the prawns and mackerel
- Break the iceberg lettuce into 'cups'
- Add a tablespoon of the creamy seafood to each lettuce leaf, roll it up and eat
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.