A garlicky coleslaw type recipe from the Lebanon
- 5 or more garlic cloves, peeled and crushed with 1 teaspoon salt
- 120ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 120ml olive oil
- 375g Dutch white cabbage, shredded
- 3 tablespoons mint, chopped
- 3 tablespoon caraway seeds
- Place the garlic in a bowl and slowly stir in the lemon juice.
- Add the oil, drop by drop to start with, whisking all the time until you have a soft mayonnaise consistency.
- Fold in the cabbage, mint and caraway seeds until the cabbage is coated with the dressing.
- Check seasoning and serve immediately.
Goes well with grills and barbecues.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.