Paling in 't groen (Eel in green sauce)
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 750g-1kg eels, skinned and cleaned
- 40g butter
- 6 shallots
- ½ teaspoons dried sage
- ½ teaspoons dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 180ml dry white wine
- 120ml water
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Cut the eels into 5cm lengths.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan.
- Sauté the eel pieces over a moderately high heat until lightly browned.
- Add the herbs, seasoning, wine and just enough water to barely cover the eels.
- Bring to a simmer, cover the pan and cook slowly for 6-8 minutes or until the eels are just tender.
- Remove the eels to a serving dish, leaving the liquid in the pan.
- Mix a little of the hot liquid with the egg yolks.
- Pour the egg mixture and the lemon juice to the liquid in the pan and whisk over a very low heat until slightly thickened - do not allow to boil.
- Pour the sauce over the eels and place in the refrigerator and serve cold.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.