Champiñones al Ajillo (Mushrooms in Garlic Sauce)
- 1 kg small mushrooms
- 100 ml olive oil
- 6 cloves finely chopped garlic
- Pinch of salt
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1½ tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Brush and wipe the mushrooms.
- Heat the oil over a medium heat and fry the garlic until it is golden.
- Add the mushrooms, salt and lemon juice and cook for 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- At the last minute, mix in the parsley and serve.
Can be served as a first course, an accompaniment or on its own with some crusty bread.
You can use large mushrooms if you wish, but they will have to be sliced.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#mushrooms #garlic #parsley #lemonjuice #oliveoil #brush #fry #sauce #brandy #juice #panfried