Spicy carrot and chickpea tagine
If you are making this for 2 people, just reduce the amount of carrots and chickpeas, keeping the remaining ingredients about the same.
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 to 6 Cloves of garlic or to taste
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon (white) cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder or to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon runny honey (normal honey heated in a microwave for 10 seconds will be runny honey)
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 2 x 400g cans of chick-peas, well rinsed and drained
- Heat the oil in a tagine or pan
- Gently sauté the onion and garlic for 6 minutes or until soft and translucent
- Add the cumin seeds, turmeric, cinnamon, honey, black pepper and the carrots
- Add enough water to almost cover the carrots - not too much, you don't want soup!
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes
- Add the chickpeas and a little more water if the pan is drying out and heat for a further 5 to 10 minutes until the vegetables are cooked to your liking.
- Lamb tagine
- Chicken tagine
- Chicken tagine with chermoula
- Summer beef tagine
- Tajine bil hoot (Fish Tagine)
- Lamb and onion saffron tagine
- Spicy carrot and chickpea tagine
- Vegetable tagine with apricots and almonds
- Tajine zrodiya (Carrot and lamb tagine)
- Tajine karnoune bil limoun (Artichoke and lemon tagine)
- Pumpkin and green bean tagine
- Lamb tagine with tomatoes and peas
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.