Tajine zrodiya (Carrot and lamb tagine)
This tagine comes from Tripoli in Libya.
- 900 g leg or shoulder of lamb, cut into 5 cm cubes
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons smen or 50 g butter
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon hilba
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 900 g small, young carrots, scraped (Chantenay carrots would be ideal)
- 3 tablespoons coriander or parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 6 olives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place all the ingredients, excluding the last 4 in a large pan and fry for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add enough water to cover by 5 cm and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add the carrots, re-cover and simmer for a further 20-30 minutes until the meat and carrots are cooked.
- Stir in the coriander or parsley and simmer vigorously until the sauce has reduced and thickened a little.
- When serving, sprinkle with the olives and lemon juice.
- Lamb tagine
- Chicken tagine
- Chicken tagine with chermoula
- Summer beef tagine
- Tajine bil hoot (Fish Tagine)
- Lamb and onion saffron tagine
- Spicy carrot and chickpea tagine
- Vegetable tagine with apricots and almonds
- Tajine zrodiya (Carrot and lamb tagine)
- Tajine karnoune bil limoun (Artichoke and lemon tagine)
- Pumpkin and green bean tagine
- Lamb tagine with tomatoes and peas
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.