Chicken tagine with chermoula
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (175g each) skinless boned chicken breasts
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 carrot
- 1 small onion
- 1 Belazu preserved lemon, finely chopped
- 4 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 600ml fresh chicken stock
- 8 small new potatoes, cut lengthways into quarters
- 16 Belazu black olives, pitted
- 1 teaspoon chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped coriander
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ medium-hot long red chilli, seeded and chopped
- ½ teaspoon saffron strands
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- To make chermoula, place all ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Season chicken breasts on both side with salt and pepper. Add to pan and fry over a medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden, the turn over and lightly brown other side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add celery, carrot and onion to the pan and fry over a low heat for 5 minutes or until soft but not browned. Add half the preserved lemon, 2 tablespoons of the chermoula, the tomatoes and stock. Return the chicken to the pan, then bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes to pan and cook for a further 6-8 minutes or until potatoes and chicken are cooked through. Stir in olives, herbs and the remaining chermoula and preserved lemon into the sauce. Adjust the seasoning if necessary. Lift chicken into warmed deep plates and spoon over sauce. Garnish with extra torn coriander and mint leaves and serve with steamed barley couscous.
(Delicious magazine, Australia)
Graph your Body Mass Index
Belazu products used in this recipe
- Lamb tagine
- Chicken tagine
- Chicken tagine with chermoula
- Summer beef tagine
- Tajine bil hoot (Fish Tagine)
- Lamb and onion saffron tagine
- Spicy carrot and chickpea tagine
- Vegetable tagine with apricots and almonds
- Tajine zrodiya (Carrot and lamb tagine)
- Tajine karnoune bil limoun (Artichoke and lemon tagine)
- Pumpkin and green bean tagine
- Lamb tagine with tomatoes and peas