Pumpkin and green bean tagine
- 2 tablespoons Belazu Argan Oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Belazu Rose Harissa
- 3 plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 x 250g pack green beans, ends trimmed, cut into small pieces
- 500g pumpkin peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- juice of one lemon
- 2 Belazu preserved lemons, flesh removed and discarded, peel cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander, plus a few sprigs to garnish
- 20 black olives, pitted
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the argan oil in the casserole, dutch oven or tagine, add the onion and cook on a low heat to soften.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then stir in the spices, the Harissa and half a teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and stir. Add the green beans and place the pumpkin cubes on top. Add 225ml of cold water, bring to the boil then simmer, covered for 25-30 minutes. Do not stir during this time.
- Check that the pumpkin is cooked - if not, stir and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Make a paste of the flour and lemon juice and add 2 tablespoons of cooking liquid. Stir this into the casserole, then dot the lemon strips and olives on the top.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes on a low heat, stirring gently. Finally, season and stir in the chopped coriander and garnish with the sprigs.
Serve with couscous.
Graph your Body Mass Index
Belazu products used in this recipe
- Lamb tagine
- Chicken tagine
- Chicken tagine with chermoula
- Summer beef tagine
- Tajine bil hoot (Fish Tagine)
- Lamb and onion saffron tagine
- Spicy carrot and chickpea tagine
- Vegetable tagine with apricots and almonds
- Tajine zrodiya (Carrot and lamb tagine)
- Tajine karnoune bil limoun (Artichoke and lemon tagine)
- Pumpkin and green bean tagine
- Lamb tagine with tomatoes and peas