Lamb and onion saffron tagine
This meat and onion tagine is reproduced courtesy of British Onions.
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1kg/2lb 4oz Lamb, cut into 5cm/2" cubes
- 3 large Onions, cut into 8 segments
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2½cm/1" fresh ginger, chopped
- ½ Stick cinnamon
- 6 saffron strands
- 1x 400g/14oz tin Tomatoes
- 600ml/1pt Chicken stock
- 10g/1/4oz butter
- 25g/1oz Blanched Almonds
- 25g/1oz dried cranberries
- 1 handful Coriander, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas No 5
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan & fry the lamb until browned.
- Remove from the pan.
- Heat the remaining oil & fry the onion & garlic for 10 minutes until softened.
- Add the ginger & cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cinnamon, saffron, tomatoes & stock.
- Bring to the boil, remove from the heat & add the lamb. Cook for 1- 1½ hours until tender.
- Heat the butter & fry the almonds for 1 minute until golden brown, add the cranberries.
- Serve the tagine with couscous & almonds, cranberries & coriander on top.
- Lamb tagine
- Chicken tagine
- Chicken tagine with chermoula
- Summer beef tagine
- Tajine bil hoot (Fish Tagine)
- Lamb and onion saffron tagine
- Spicy carrot and chickpea tagine
- Vegetable tagine with apricots and almonds
- Tajine zrodiya (Carrot and lamb tagine)
- Tajine karnoune bil limoun (Artichoke and lemon tagine)
- Pumpkin and green bean tagine
- Lamb tagine with tomatoes and peas
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of British Onions
#lambandonionsaffrontagine #fry #almonds #lamb #cinnamon #butter #cranberries #tomatoes #coriander #saffron #onion