Vegetable tagine with apricots and almonds
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 aubergine, trimmed and cut into 4cm chunks
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Belazu Rose Harissa
- 1 parsnip, peeled and cut into 2.5cm chunks
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2.5cm chunks
- 1/2x250g pack semi dried pitted soft apricots
- 50g roasted marcona almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2x20g pack fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- In a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, heat the oil and gently cook the onion for 4-5 minutes, until starting to soften. Stir in the cinnamon and cook for one minute.
- Stir in the aubergine and cook for a further five minutes until it has started to soften.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, 300ml boiling water and the rose harissa (you may wish to adjust the amount, according to the taste). Season, then stir in the parsnip, sweet potato and apricots.
- Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with the chopped almonds and parsley, and serve in deep bowls, with Waitrose Lemon and Garlic Couscous.
- (The Western Mail)
I am guessing the number servings at two people if served with couscous.
Graph your Body Mass Index
Belazu products used in this recipe
- Belazu Rose Harissa
- Lamb tagine
- Chicken tagine
- Chicken tagine with chermoula
- Summer beef tagine
- Tajine bil hoot (Fish Tagine)
- Lamb and onion saffron tagine
- Spicy carrot and chickpea tagine
- Vegetable tagine with apricots and almonds
- Tajine zrodiya (Carrot and lamb tagine)
- Tajine karnoune bil limoun (Artichoke and lemon tagine)
- Pumpkin and green bean tagine
- Lamb tagine with tomatoes and peas