Chocolate Philly Profiteroles with Strawberry Coulis
- 50 g butter
- 65 g plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 400 g strawberries, hulled and halved
- 25 g icing sugar
- 160 g Philadelphia with Cadbury
- 3 tablespoons double cream
- Heat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour] and have ready 2 dampened baking sheets.
- Put the butter and 150ml water in a saucepan. Heat gently until the fat has melted then bring to a rolling boil. Remove the pan from the heat and immediately tip the flour all at once into the hot liquid. Beat thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Continue beating until the mixture is smooth and forms a ball in the centre of the pan. Do not over beat at this stage. Leave to cool for just a couple of minutes. Then, beat in the eggs a little at a time, adding just enough to give a whipped cream consistency. Spoon walnut size spoonfuls onto the baking trays allowing room for spreading. Bake for 15-20 minutes until crisp. Make a slit in the side of each profiterole to release the steam and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile make the strawberry coulis. Put the strawberries and icing sugar in a processor or blender and blitz until smooth.
- Whisk together the Philly and cream until thick. Cut each of the profiteroles in half and sandwich together with some of the Philly mixture.
Arrange in a pyramid in a serving bowl and just before serving pour over the strawberry coulis.
Try serving these profiteroles with a caramel sauce as opposed to a strawberry one. Simply mix 200 ml of caramel condensed milk with some single cream to give a sauce consistency.
Other recipes that use Philadelphia with Cadbury:
- Chocolate Philly Cheesecake Brownies
- Chocolate Philly Profiteroles with Strawberry Coulis
- No cook chocolate crème brûlée
- Choccy Philadelphia baked crunchie cheesecake
- Chocolate and banana Philadelphia toasties
- Choccy Philly cheesecake banana smoothie
- Philadelphia mini chocolate meringues
- Fruit kebabs with choccy Philadelphia cheesecake dipping sauce
- Philadelphia black cherry and chocolate mousse shots
- Philadelphia chocolate and strawberry pancakes
- Philadelphia individual chocolate fudge cheesecakes
- Philadelphia chocolate and blueberry topped bagels
- Individual Philadelphia chocolate and summer fruit ripples
- Philadelphia chocolate strawberry shortcakes
- Philadelphia mini chocolate cheesecake bites
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.