Bayd de Zaitun
(Redirected from Bayd de Zaitun (olive omelette))
Stranger and stranger
3.3/5 Not so sure about this recipe, and where is the picture? The Judge
- 6 free range eggs
- 100 g black olives, stoned and very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground caraway seeds, bruised in a mortar and pestle
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Lightly beat the eggs so some white and yolk is still partially separated
- Add the olives, parsley, caraway and cumin
- Season with salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a vary hot frying pan
- Pour the mixture into the pan, move the pan to distribute evenly and leave for 7 seconds without stirring
- Tilt the pan and move the cooked egg to the centre allowing the raw egg to replace the cooked egg. When there is the hint of raw egg left, fold the omelette in half and transfer to a warm plate, sprinkle with paprika and tarragon. Serve immediately
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
A wide variety of omelette recipes
We have a number of omelette recipes from simple plain omelettes to elaborate deep-dish Spanish omelettes:
- Plain omelette
- Cheese omelette
- Biarritz omelette - inspired by Biarritz potatoes
- Garlic chive omelette
- Lebzelteromelette (Ginger omelette) - A ginger omelette from the town of Steyr .
- Smoked salmon omelette
- Squash, halloumi and chilli omelette
- Bayd de Zaitun (olive omelette)
- Tortilla Española - A true Spanish omelette.
- Tortilla 'batatas harras' - a Spanish omelette with chillies , garlic and coriander.
- Frittata affogata - Literally meaning 'drowned omelette', this recipe comes from the Arezzo area of Tuscany.
- Chuchu - a type of flat omelette from Azerbaijan, with a copious quantity of vegetables and herbs.
- Borage frittata - a type of Italian omelette with borage as a filling.
#omelette #bayddezaitun #paprika #tarragon #olives #parsley #oliveoil #panfried #freerangeeggs #eggs #ground