A cucumber omellette
3.6/5 Not a huge fan of borage, but if you like cucumber I suppose it's fine. The Judge
- 50 g (2 oz) stale bread, crusts removed
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 600 g (1 lb 5 oz) borage leaves, finely chopped
- 4 free range eggs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 fresh marjoram leaves, chopped finely
- ½ clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Tear the bread up into a bowl and cover with cold water and leave to soak for 10 minutes
- Squeeze out the water so it's soggy, but not dripping wet!
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan, add the borage and heat gently until it wilts
- Beat the eggs together with the Parmesan, the soaked bread, marjoram and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frittata pan or a frying pan.
- Pour in the mixture and pat down.
- Cook gently for 15 to 20 minutes, turning so both sides are golden brown.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
A wide variety of omelette recipes
We have a number of omelette recipes from simple plain omelettes to elaborate deep-dish Spanish omelettes:
- Plain omelette
- Cheese omelette
- Biarritz omelette - inspired by Biarritz potatoes
- Garlic chive omelette
- Lebzelteromelette (Ginger omelette) - A ginger omelette from the town of Steyr .
- Smoked salmon omelette
- Squash, halloumi and chilli omelette
- Bayd de Zaitun (olive omelette)
- Tortilla Española - A true Spanish omelette.
- Tortilla 'batatas harras' - a Spanish omelette with chillies , garlic and coriander.
- Frittata affogata - Literally meaning 'drowned omelette', this recipe comes from the Arezzo area of Tuscany.
- Chuchu - a type of flat omelette from Azerbaijan, with a copious quantity of vegetables and herbs.
- Borage frittata - a type of Italian omelette with borage as a filling.
#borage #boragefrittata #bread #frittata #marjoram #garlic #parmesan #olive #eggs #dripping #cheese