Lebzelteromelette (Ginger omelette)
1 picture = 1000 words!
- 125 ml milk
- 2 eggs, yolks beaten and whites stiffly whisked
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon of hazelnuts, coarsely chopped and fried in a little butter
- A few raisins
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Knob of butter
- 15 g Cranberry or raspberry jam
- 5g Icing sugar
- Beat the milk, egg yolks and flour until smooth.
- Add the raisins, nuts and ginger.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Melt the butter in an omelette or frying pan, add the batter. smooth out and cover.
- When it is golden brown on the bottom, turn it over and cook the other side.
- Spread the top with some jam, fold in half and transfer to a plate.
- Using a sieve, spinkle the omelette with the icing sugar.
A wide variety of omelette recipes
We have a number of omelette recipes from simple plain omelettes to elaborate deep-dish Spanish omelettes:
- Plain omelette
- Cheese omelette
- Biarritz omelette - inspired by Biarritz potatoes
- Garlic chive omelette
- Lebzelteromelette (Ginger omelette) - A ginger omelette from the town of Steyr .
- Smoked salmon omelette
- Squash, halloumi and chilli omelette
- Bayd de Zaitun (olive omelette)
- Tortilla Española - A true Spanish omelette.
- Tortilla 'batatas harras' - a Spanish omelette with chillies , garlic and coriander.
- Frittata affogata - Literally meaning 'drowned omelette', this recipe comes from the Arezzo area of Tuscany.
- Chuchu - a type of flat omelette from Azerbaijan, with a copious quantity of vegetables and herbs.
- Borage frittata - a type of Italian omelette with borage as a filling.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#ginger #omelette #butter #raisins #icingsugar #flour #jam #nutmeg #nuts #ground #spices